President Donald Trump announced on Friday that the draw for the 2026 World Cup will be held at the Kennedy Center in Washington on December 5.
Trump, who was wearing a hat saying “Trump Was Right About Everything,” told reporters in the Oval Office accompanied by FIFA President Gianni Infantino “It’s the biggest, probably the biggest event in sports” .
For the first time, the competition will feature 48 teams, expanding from the traditional 32, and will be jointly hosted by the United States, Canada, and Mexico — another historic first.
FIFA says the expanded format will provide more opportunities for countries that have never qualified before, potentially making the 2026 edition one of the most diverse ever.
Thirteen (13) teams have so far qualified for 2026 World Cup. They are: Canada, Mexico, USA, Australia, IR Iran, Uzbekistan, Jordan, Korea Republic, Japan, Argentina, Ecuador, Brazil, and New Zealand.
The tournament will hold from 11th June 2026 to Sun, 19 July 2026.
